If you are sick and tired of having your shoes pile in the bottom of your closet, leaving you to dig through them all to find the right pair, we have the solution. Here is a simple project for you to do with all your girlfriends this weekend that will leave you never wanting to throw your shoes on the ground again.
What you will need:
- Old hangers
- Spray paint (optional)
- Scrapbook paper, wallpaper or wrapping paper
1. You will first need to cut off the bottom wire of the hangers. Then use the pliers to twist up the end of the hangers (where you just cut off the bottom) on each side so that you do not cut yourself.
2. After you twist the ends, take your pliers to the halfway point of the hanger on each side (between the actual hanger and the end). Warp and/or bend the end of the hanger up towards the top. This will create a hook for you to put your shoes on. Do this to each side.
3. If you choose to spray paint the hangers, do it now. Choose whichever color you want, but take into consideration the color or design of your paper. White goes with everything!
4. While the hangers are drying, start to cut the papers. Cut the paper into pieces about 1 inch by 12 inches. Depending on how much you bent the hangers you may be able to have shorter pieces.
5. Once the paint has dried and you have cut the paper, you can glue the papers to the hangers. Put the paper over the “front” of the hanger. Then wrap each end of the paper around the back and back to the front. At this point you can either glue and/or tape the ends underneath and leave it like that. Or add a button or other decoration to the front.
6. Now all you have to do is put your shoes on their new hangers. No more throwing your shoes on the ground. Just hang them!
Note: This project works best if you have a rod in your closet that hangs closer to the ground so that you can still hang clothes above the shoes on the top rod!
By: Julia Morgan | Images: 1, 2