Unfortunately, as a college student, you probably don’t have a loaded bank account. To fund your fabulous lifestyle abroad, you’re going to need a job. The best way to do so is to scour the online job boards in your new country, as well as applying in-person at places that are hiring.
Here are a few job ideas that a "new arrival" can do with little to no experience, and zero network connections, in your new country. (Most of these links are specific to the UK, but you can find similar positions all over the globe!)
- Customer Service - telemarketing
- Promotions – handing out flyers, club promotions
- Au Pair
- Tour Guide
- Restaurant server
- Hotel/hostel reception or cleaning staff
- Seasonal Work – holiday or summer staff
- Teaching assistant
- Homecare worker
- English as a Second Language (ESL) assistant
No matter the type of employment you’re looking for, remember to always be professional, have an awesome CV/resume and be positive. The rest will follow!
By: Danielle Mair | Image: Source