Coffee fanatics, rejoice! Now that hot summer temperatures are dwindling and fall is upon us, coffee shops everywhere are bringing back the much-loved pumpkin spice flavor. Although this seasonal treat may be hard to pass up on the way to class, long lines and high prices may stop you from indulging. Skip the lines and save cash by creating your own pumpkin spice latte. You may have to invest in a couple ingredients, but trust me—it will be worth it! After all, pumpkin spice lattes are only available in coffee houses for a limited time, so why not learn to make them for whenever your taste buds desire a cup?
Ingredients (recipe makes one for you and one for a friend)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (If you don’t have this, combine 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup hot brewed coffee
- Whipped cream
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
1. In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, pumpkin and sugar over medium heat until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, the vanilla and coffee.
2. Pour into 2 large mugs. Garnish each with whipped cream, dash of pumpkin pie spice and a cinnamon stick.
For an iced version, allow the drink to cool and serve over ice. Curl up with your homemade pumpkin spice latte and enjoy!
By: Chrissy Tansey | Image: Source | Recipe: Source