Going green has never been more tempting from eating organic to trying tasty vegan treats. As much as we love taking care of the inside of our bodies, we shouldn’t ignore our complexion. Our newfound love for all things healthy also translates well into experimenting with eco-friendly cosmetics.
1. Foundation: We are obsessed with Illuminare Concealing Mineral Foundation. It gives full coverage without the the infamous foundation mask. P.S. Emily Deschanel, a long time vegan, swears by this stuff!
2. Blush: We like Josie Maran Cream Blush ($22, Sephora). You can’t lose with Josie Maran’s line because every item has her signature argan oil ingredient, and the packaging is biodegradable and recyclable.
3. Concealer: Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer ($24, tartecosmetics.com) is waterproof and high in coverage.
4. Highlighter: For luminous skin, try Korres Wild Rose Illuminating Powder ($18, Sephora).
5. Powder: Jane Iralde is every vegan’s best kept secret; they’re gluten and cruelty-free. We love Jane Iralde Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder SPF 20 ($44, janeiralde.com). It is free of talc, parabens, dyes and oil, which is perfect for people with eczema, rosacea or sensitive skin.
6. Eyeshadow: Summer heat doesn’t stand a chance against Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow ($19, tartecosmetics.com). If you think an eco-friendly eyeshadow couldn’t stand an hour on your oily lids, think again! This is your solution.
7. Eyeshadow Palette: We couldn’t resist the urge to include The Balm’s Meet Matt(e) Nude ($42, thebalm.com). The Balm has us raving about their superb, quality items. Plus, we give them a thumbs up for their paraben and cruelty-free approach. Also, we get a kick out of their humorous packaging.
8. Brows: To frame your gorgeous visage, reach for The Body Shop Eyebrow Definer ($10.50, thebodyshop-usa.com).
9. Eyeliner: Like eyeshadow, it is difficult to find an eyeliner that stays put all day in any season, let alone an eco-friendly. But, we are here to tell you that is a huge misconception. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($20, stilacosmetics.com) does the job. Say goodbye to pulling and smudging.
10. Mascara: For sensitive eyes that still have an “oomph” effect, try Origins Fringe Benefits Lash Loving Mascara.
11. Lip Tar: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is certified 100% vegan by... drum roll please, PETA! We are addicted to Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar’s ($18, Sephora) impressive range of color and highly pigmented formula, so “less is more” definitely applies!
12. Lipstick: If you’re not digging super long-lasting makeup, you will be after using Dr. Hauschka Lipsticks ($16.76, drhauschka.com). The minute you apply this lipstick, you feel the rose hip and carrot extract moisturizing your lips, while the rose and jojoba protects them. Yes, you can actually feel this do its magic upon application.
13. Makeup Brushes: Eco Tools by Alicia Silverstone Brush Set & Bag ($15.99, ecotools.com) is made from recycled aluminum ferrules and incredibly soft, cruelty-free taklon bristles. The adorable, “eco-friendly bag is made with natural hemp and cotton, has a recycled PET lining, and the hangtag is printed on tree-free stone paper” says Eco Tools.
While you were drinking organic smoothies filled with kale and chia seeds, we were playing with all things eco-friendly in our beauty closet. Don’t be afraid to give these underground beauties a shot. They work just as well as your drugstore and luxury favorites -- we pinky promise.
By: Ivanna Coello | Image: Source
Post a Comment