Charm Woven Bracelet
What you will need:
- Chinese knotting cord
- Metal charm/design piece
- Embroidery needle
1. Cut the knotting cord into two 30-inch, two 20-inch and one 10-inch lengths to start. Using your charm (a ring works great!), fold the 20-inch piece in half pulling the loop through the ring. Fold it over the ring and pull the rest of the cord through the loop. Repeat the step on the other side of the ring with the other 20-inch cord.
2. Center the 30-inch cord under the two middle strands. The right cord needs to be folded over the middle strands and under the left cord. Then pull the left cord under the right and middle strands and through the loop on the right side. You will need to pull tightly and slide the knot up to the top. Fold the left cord over the middle strands and under the right cord. Then pull the right cord under the left and middle strands and through the loop on the left side. This is a square knot. Repeat these steps -- left, right, left, right and so on.
3. Continue those steps until you have reached a desired length, keeping in mind that the clasp will take up approximately half an inch. Once you have reached that length you will need to thread one of the cords onto a needle and sew up the center of 3-4 knots along the backside. Then repeat that on the other cord. Trim away any excess once you have done that. Melt the tips with a lighter to seal it for extra hold.
4. Shape the bracelet into a circle and overlap the middle strands to make a sliding closure. You can use scraps to temporarily tie the cords together at each end. Then take the 10-inch cord and center it under the strands. Tie square knots exactly the same way you did for the bracelet before stopping at about half an inch. Then sew the knotting cords into the backside of the closure.
5. Remove the temporary ties. The two sets of middle strands are now adjustable ties of the bracelet. Adjust to it to fit your wrist and then tie each end into knots. Trim away any excess. Your charm woven bracelet is now done.
This bracelet will make for the best arm candy. It is sure to make all of your friends jealous!
By: Julia Morgan | Image: Source