Whether you’re a senior in high school or college, graduation is one of the biggest events in an academic career. It marks the accomplishment of hours of hard work, late study nights and involvement within the school. During this festive occasion, hundreds of pictures will be snapped, capturing the precious moments before a new chapter in life. To look your best follow these graduation makeup tips and you’ll look stunning on your big day!
1. Primer: During a long day posing for pictures you don’t want your makeup to run or look shiny. Begin with a primer that will set makeup for the whole day. Also take into consideration if the graduation is held inside or outside. If it’s outside be sure to apply sunscreen on top of the primer to protect your skin from UV rays.
- Try: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Face Primer ($8)
- Try: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunblock SPF 70 ($10)
2. Long-Lasting Foundation and Concealer: Look for foundations as well as concealers that are long-lasting. Apply the foundation with a foundation brush or your fingers for an even application. Use your ring finger to apply the concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes on the face.
- Try: L'Oreal Infallible Advanced Never Fail Foundation SPF 20 ($16)
- Try: Clinique's Advanced Concealer ($16)
3. HD Setting Powder: Once foundation and concealer have been applied, set the face with a high-definition powder. This will create a flawless appearance, perfect for photos. Apply it all over the face with a large powder brush. If your skin tends to get oily throughout the day, consider bringing it in a small clutch for touch ups.
4. Blush: When it comes to blush, either cream or powder works. If you tend to have oily skin, use a powder blush. If you have combination or dry skin, a cream blush is recommended. Choose colors that are a beautiful natural flush color for you skin. Peach and pink colors work great and look natural in photos.
5. Neutral Eyes with a Hint of Shimmer: Try to find a shadow palette that contains all the colors you will need. Look for neutral colors with both matte and shimmer shades. Begin by applying a nude matte all across the lid and up to the browbone. Then, take a neutral shimmer color and apply it all over the lid, staying below the crease. Next, use a darker matte or shimmer shadow in the crease of the eye to add definition. Finish with black liner and a few coats of mascara.
6. Pink Lip Gloss: Avoid bold lipstick because it may smudge or run during the day. Instead, look for a pink lip gloss that will complement the look and can easily be reapplied throughout the day.
With this soft and natural look, you will be sure to look your best! Don’t forget your cap and gown and a comfortable pair of heels you can wear all day long. Be sure to enjoy and the day and treasure all the great memories.
By: Flannery Underwood | Images: Listed retail stores