It’s easy to become starstruck by nails that shine with glittery embellishments and shimmer with hues of silver and gold. This attraction to things that sparkle and shine is something that plagues many girls, myself included. While it’s easy to get sucked into the glitz, it is key to remember that we can only take the sparkles so far. Our nails should be admired and adored -- they shouldn’t require that oglers wear sunglasses and SPF 30.
- Colors- will they compliment your outfits? Are they in season?
- Nails- fake nails provide a larger surface but require more upkeep
- Glitter- big flakes for big statements, or small sparkles for striking simplicity
- Shades- clear glitter polish for a sweeping top coat or colored glitter polish to create an ombre, french, or other statement manicure
- Patterns- this depends on how creative you’re feeling!
If you’re still not sure what to try, here are a few trustworthy brands of sparkle polish for you to browse.
By: Audrey Prisk