- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 4 (10-to-12-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 McIntosh apple, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat a teaspoon of the extra-virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pepper jelly on a tortilla and place it in the pan, jelly side up.
- Cover half the tortilla with about 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 of the apple slices.
- Fold the naked half of the tortilla over and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until the quesadilla is brown and crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Keep in the oven while you make three additional quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges and serve.
To freshen up the recipe, use different types of cheeses and apples!
Recipe excerpted from Yum-O! The Family Cookbook by Rachael Ray, posted on seventeen.com.
By: Aspen Evans | Images: 1, 2