Start by preheating your oven to 400°.
3 cups sifted flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (I use Rumford)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Sift together dry ingredients.
2. Cut in butter until it’s fine.
3. Add egg, cream and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Chill dough.
5. Roll dough out on a floured board, and cut into shapes.
6. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake at 400° for five to eight minutes.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
small amount of milk to make spreading consistency (add a very little bit at a time)
food coloring if desired
1. Combine icing ingredients.
2. Spread over cookies.
By: Kelly Courington | Source: Weheartit