1 cup butter, room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup marshmallow fluff
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy with either a standing or hand mixer.
3. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
4. Stir in the marshmallow fluff. This can be tricky, and it is actually easier to use your hands and knead the fluff into the dough.
5. Then fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
6. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until you need it.
7. When you are ready to bake the cookies, take them out of the fridge.
8. Break off bits and roll them into 1-inch balls.
9. Place them on ungreased cookie sheets about an inch apart.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. The marshmallows will begin to melt while cooking, so don’t be afraid when they look like they are literally melting onto the pan.
11. When they are done, take them out and let them cool on the cookie sheet. This is very important because in order to get them off of the sheet they will need to be fully cooled. You can put them in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
12. Remove the cookies with a spatula from the sheets, and be patient.
While these cookies may not look as perfect as your typical holiday cookie, they taste unbelievably good and just like a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.
By: Danielle Gagliardi | Image: Source