October is almost over, which means that fall is in full bloom and Halloween is right around the corner ... tomorrow, to be exact! With a packed social calendar, it’s important to plan out decorations early. And what better way to welcome the spooky holiday than with a Halloween inspired DIY?
This year, instead of putting up only store-bought decorations, we have a quick and easy craft to transform your plain pumpkins into masterpieces. Glitter pumpkins are the perfect addition to anybody’s space, and if you’re the kind of person who loves to be festive but finds carving to be a tedious and difficult task, then this project is for you.
What you will need:
- Pumpkins (any size works!)
- Loose glitter
- Mod Podge
1. Dip the brush in Mod Podge and then blot it a couple of times on newspaper to remove the
2. Starting on one side and working your way around, paint Mod Podge onto every other node of
your pumpkin for stripes, or use your brush to dab on small circles for dots.
3. Once that is done, grab your glitter and one by one start glittering each section of the Mod Podge.
4. Shake the excess glitter off of your pumpkin.
5. Repeat these steps as many times as you need to, depending on how big your pumpkin is.
It’s that simple. Whether you’re planning on putting your pumpkins in your house, apartment or office, this DIY will spice up almost any space. Now head on over to your nearest craft store to pick up some supplies, and try it out for yourself.
By: Nicole Levitt
Post a Comment