Traveling and packing has got to be one of the most stressful things a girl’s gotta do. Now that the semester is over (or almost), and we will be traveling abroad or back home, we have to get out in-flight beauty routine down pat! For you ladies who believe skincare does not matter during your flight, think again -- the cool dry air will dry out your skin and hair.
Before or at the beginning of the flight, apply this beauty routine:
1. Wash your hands before removing your makeup. Sucks to hear, but this is a vital step in preventing any dryness! Pack the travel-size hand sanitizer if you don't have time to remove your makeup before stepping in the flight.
2. Now that your hands are clean, use your favorite makeup wipes to handle the task. We love Pond’s Wet Cleansing Towelettes for their hydrating effect and non-greasy after-feeling. We hate when makeup wipes leave a residue for us to clean up after, and this does the trick; it’s perfect for flying!
3. If you’re super paranoid about removing your makeup, we love using a toner to remove any residual dirt; our pick is the Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner. This baby contains no alcohol, and it is fragrance free!
4. Now this next step you can skip depending on how long your flight is. If your flight is over eight hours, we encourage you to try a mask! We know, we know, we sound kind of crazy and high maintenance, but it will be worth it, especially if you travel from home to school several times a year! We like Freeman Anti-stress Mask.
5. Once your makeup is clear, apply your favorite moisturizer and eye cream! This will keep your face moisturized in the dry atmosphere. If you need to reapply moisturizer on the plane, make sure to wash your hands again beforehand.
6. Finally, never forget to ignore your mane! It will be paying the price a day later, when your ends begin to frizz up due to dryness. We recommend you apply a hair lotion, like Living Proof Nourishing Style Cream.
For you ladies who wish to not remove your makeup because a mini breakout is ruining your life, don’t worry, we got a suggestion for you too! We like Bare Minerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment. It has coverage and behaves like a mask, now you won’t have to go bare faced during your flight. Sure this baby is a splurge, but it’s totally worth it for problem skin. College goddesses with acne-prone skin know the importance of investing in a healthy lifestyle and skincare regimen to maintain a balanced complexion.
Other extra goodies to remember are to bring a travel-size hand cream, mini toothbrush, small moisturizer, hair ties, and hydrating lip balm. And don’t forget to spritz on your signature scent! For safe keep and traveling we love using these cute, refillable atomizers, Sephora collection atomizers to get the job done.
While everyone will leave the flight looking exhausted, you will look like you just stepped out of the spa! Now head to the airport and enjoy your flight!
P.S. Don’t forget to pack your favorite products in cute travel-size containers!
By: Ivanna Coello | Image: Source