Sugar is not only a sweetener: it can double as a scrub for your face and/or body, too. It is an excellent exfoliant that gets even better when mixed with oil because of the tiny granules that make it ideal for dead skin removal.
The key is to scrub gently so that you will not scratch or irritate your face. Check out this simple and effective recipe for soft, silky skin:
- 1 bowl or container
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Scented essential oil (optional)
Directions:1. Mix the sugar and olive oil in the plastic container well.
2. Add any optional oils and/or lemon juice if you like.
3. Put some of the mixture on clean hands or a washcloth and rub in circles gently.
4. Leave on for a few minutes and rinse thoroughly.
It’s as simple as that - forget those overpriced store scrubs and do it yourself! Your skin will thank you.
Are you going to try this DIY? Let us know if you do!
By: Stephanie Scott | Image: Source