You will need:
- Two polishes
- A sponge
- Polish remover
- Q-tips and/or cotton balls
- A piece of foil
1. Pick two polishes, one dark and one light. Typically, the darker shade goes on the bottom of the nail, but there are no set rules here.
I chose Essie's Turquoise & Caicos and L’Oreal Paris’ Raven’s Strength.
2. Paint two coats with the color you want on the bottom and let them dry completely. I chose to put the darker color on the bottom because I like the look of the dark-to-light fade.
3. Next, pour the two colors side-by-side on the piece of foil.
4. Press your sponge into the polish and then onto your nails one by one. The polish will get onto your fingers, but it does come off. When I was finished, my fingers looked like they belonged to a Walking Dead zombie.
This is such an easy way to try out the ombre trend without having to worry about the upkeep associated with ombre-ing your hair or the expense of buying trendy designer ombre pieces. Have fun and experiment with all your favorite colors for the summer!
By: Audrey Prisk