It’s quite unfortunate for our cholesterol levels that french fries are so delicious. Well, not anymore! Here’s a recipe for guilt-free fries—your tongue and your tummy will be satisfied with these baked, never fried potato pleasures.
What you need:
♥ 3-4 Russet potatoes
♥ Ground black pepper
♥ Olive oil
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 475 F
2. Wash the potatoes and cut them into sticks, stubs, squares or whatever you like! You can even have some fun with it and use cookie cutters to create heart- or dinosaur-shaped fries!
3. Soak the potato shapes/sticks in cold water for 10 minutes
4. Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a clean towel
5. Get a cookie sheet and sprinkle it with olive oil
6. Place the potato shapes on the cookie sheet and make sure each potato is covered, but not doused, with oil
7. Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper to your liking
8. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
9. Take the sheet out and flip the pieces over and sprinkle more oil, salt and pepper
10. Place back into the oven for another 15 minutes
11. Remove from the oven and let them cool
Tip: The longer you leave them in the oven and the thinner you cut your pieces, the crispier they get. I like my fries soggy, so I don’t leave them in the oven for much longer than 15 minutes on each side.
Enjoy this healthy and delicious snack. These fries are guilt free and totally tasty!
By: Diana Kraikittikun | Image: Source